Thursday, June 20, 2013

Road warrior

As a kid, I'd only known a "road warrior" as one of the dynamic duo World Wrestling Federation tag team partners. The WWF as I knew it , before the Wild Life Federation sued them for copy write infringement.
Today I stand blogging In a Greyhound bus terminal in Denver. Man things have changed. I was scheduled to leave Los Angeles Tuesday @ 8:30am and arrive in Toronto @10pm Thursday night.
I did not anticipate this journey by any means.
I left the rehearsal spot after a rough sleep at about 5:30am Tuesday. Splashing cold water on your face after a screamo band has been rehearsing all night in the room beside you ;just may have disrupted my sleep enough to prepare for this journey.
As I'm walking down the street , luggage and guitar in tow. I pass a spot I walked by frequently , it's a little car inlet where a local rubi has taken refuge. I never caught his name but we always said hi in passing. In a sort of transient universal homeless way. The rehearsal spot is right in the hood, Crenshaw ave in Los Angeles. Many movies depict this hood, but I've lived here , it's the real deal. And as I walk early in the morning, the seedy'ness is just about to go to bed. Pimps are settling down, tricks are getting dropped back off. I just keep to myself and head towards the tube, across the road from Popeyes chicken. You really understand the danger of the area as the fast food places have bullet proof glass not just in the drive thru windows , but inside.
As I lug my stuff up the stairs the working class starts arriving.
Next stop ; greyhound station , downtown La.



No comments:

Post a Comment