Thursday, June 20, 2013

Cross country / by bus

As I arrive 2 hours early for my bus, I head toward the check in counter to see what the process is.
Hurry up and wait, I'm due to leave at 8:30am. As they shuffle the lines and move people to different doors, confusion in sues.
I head back up to the counter to see what's going on with my bus, as it's creeping close to 8:30. Upon my return to the counter I'm informed my bus is going to be late and that they should have placed me on an alternate bus to Vegas , however that left 15 mins ago. Here we go.
So the supervisor jumps in and starts a mad typing spree, I imagine she checking alternate routes times etc.
Ok she says, you'll be taking the next bus to Vegas , wait at the priority door it should be boarding . I inquire as to what effect this has on my overall agenda, she assures me nothing, maybe a 2 hr delay difference.
I walk over luggage in hand and relay my message to the greyhound employee named Juan at priority. He laughs as I relay what I've been told , "that bus is going to be here In 2 hrs" he says as he looks at the ever growing line in the terminal.
I leave my gear ( not wise being in la) and head back to the counter . I relay Juan's message, the supervisor again hits the keyboard again. She comes up after 5mins, sure you have to take that bus or I don't have anything until tomorrow .
Crazy, so I wait. With a bus load of people from La destined for Vegas. This should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment